The SFMB lab has a long history of experience in the field of membranes and lipids since the early seventies.
The main fields of expertise are currently:
- expression, purification and crystallization of membrane proteins.
- reconstitution of membranes from lipids and proteins
- role of lipids in modulation of membrane protein activity
- FTIR spectroscopy and imaging of proteins, cells and tissues
- electrophysiology, membrane interacting peptides and ion channels reconstitution in planar lipid bilayers.
- computer modellisation of lipid-protein interaction
- 2 cell culture facilities for eucaryotic cells
- one L2 room for micro-organism culture with medium-sized fermentors
- several FTIR spetrophotometers equipped with ATR sample holder
- two FTIR microscopes
- 1 crystallisation robot
- 2 HPLC for proteins
- 1 "research-grade" fluorimeter (PTI)
- 2 luminometers
- 1 Malvern particle sizer (PCS-DLS)
- 1 isothermal titration calorimeter
- 1D and 2D electrophoresis
- 1 multiwell plate-reader (fluoresence, luminescence and absorbance)
- 1 ESI MS/MS mass spectrometer
- 1 nanodrop and 1 conventionnal spectrophotometer
- 1 computer cluster for molecular dynamic simulations
- 3 electrophysiology setup